Fulton County Begins Review and Comment Period for Annual Action Plan for FY 2013 of Grant Programs and the 2012 and 2013 Draft Amendments
The Fulton County Housing and Human Services Department’s Office of Housing and Community Development has opened the review and comment period for the Annual Action Plan for FY 2013 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) and Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) Programs, and both the 2012 and 2013 Draft Amendments. The review and comment period will be open until September 14, 2012 with a final opportunity for public comment during the public comment period of the September 19, 2012, Board of Commissioners meeting that begins at 10:00 a.m. in the Fulton County Government Center’s Assembly Hall at 141 Pryor Street in Atlanta
The comment period is required by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to allow citizens to provide input into Fulton County’s determination of community development strategies as well as long and short-term objectives, resources and proposed spending for projects. Public review and comment is required prior to decisions on project funding by the Fulton County Board of Commissioners.
Comments will also be included in the 2013 Annual Action Plan that must be submitted to HUD on October 3, 2012. For citizens unable to attend and participate in the public hearings, written comments on the Fulton County Draft 2012 and 2013 Amendments and 2013 Annual Action Plan may be submitted in person or by mail to 137 Peachtree Street, SW, Suite 300, Atlanta, Georgia or faxed to 404-893-6620 by the deadline of 5:00 p.m., September 14, 2012. Comments may also be emailed to Lolita.Collins@fultoncountyga.gov. For more information, citizens may call 404-613-7944.
The public hearings are scheduled for:
Wednesday 08/21/12 – 6:00 p.m.
Ed Isakson/ Alpharetta Family YMCA; 3655 Preston Ridge Road; Alpharetta, GA 30005
Wednesday 8/22/12 – 2:00 p.m.
Crabapple Neighborhood Center, 12624 Broadwell Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004
Thursday 8/23/12 – 5:00 p.m.
H.J.C. Bowden Senior Center, 2885 Church Street, East Point, GA
Tuesday 8/28/12 – 6:00 p.m.
Southwest Regional Public Library, 3665 Cascade Road SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
Thursday 8/29/12 – 1:00 p.m.
Mechanicsville Library, 400 Formwalt Street, Atlanta, GA 30312
Thursday 8/29/12 – 6:00 p.m.
South Fulton Service Center, 5600 Stonewall Tell Road, College Park, GA
Tues day 9/11/12 – 5:00 p.m.
Alpharetta Branch Library, 238 Canton Street, Alpharetta, GA 30004
The Public Comment Period Ends September 12, 2012. Additional Comments may be made at the September 19, 2012 Board of Commissioners (BOC) Meeting.
Copies of the Draft 2012-2013 Consolidated Plan Amendments and 2013 Annual Action Plan are available for review. The following locations are available for viewing the plan and amendments:
• Fulton County Department of Housing and Human Services 137 Peachtree Street, SW, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30303
• Alpharetta Branch Library 238 Canton Street, Alpharetta, GA 30004
• Atlanta-Fulton County Main Library 1 Margaret Mitchell Square, S.W., Atlanta, GA
• Crabapple Neighborhood Center 12624 Broadwell Road • Alpharetta, GA 30004
• College Park Library 3647 Main St College Park 30337
• East Point Library 2757 Main St, East Point, GA 30344
• Fairburn Branch 60 Valley View Drive Fairburn, GA 30213
• Fulton County Government Service Center 5440 Fulton Industrial Boulevard, Atlanta, GA
• Hapeville Branch 525 King Arnold Street, Hapeville, GA 30354
• H.J.C. Bowden Senior Center 2885 Church St, East Point, GA
• North Fulton Service Center 7741 Roswell Rd., Atlanta, GA 30350
• South Fulton Library 4055 Flat Shoals Road, Union City, GA 30291
• South Fulton County Service Center, 5600 Stonewall Tell Rd., College Park, GA 30349
• Southwest Regional Public Library 3665 Cascade Rd., S.W., Atlanta, GA 30331
• Fulton County Government Website: www.fultoncountyga.gov
For more information, contact the Housing and Human Services Department at 404-613-7944.