Comments Sought for Fulton County Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2014 of Grant Programs
FULTON COUNTY PUBLIC NOTICE
Fulton County Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2014 of Grant Programs
Fulton County 2014 Annual Action Plan for FY 2014 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) and Neighborhood Stabilization (NSP) Programs Citizen Review (Public Meetings) and Comment Period will begin on October 4, 2013 and ends on November 3, 2013. Submission to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) must be made by November 15, 2013. Fulton County annually receives over $2 million under three formula programs from HUD through the CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs. These funds can be used to provide improvements and services that benefit all Fulton County citizens, with the exception of those citizens residing within the city limits of Atlanta, Johns Creek, Roswell and Sandy Springs. The national objective of the funds is to improve the living conditions of low- and moderate-income people. As required by HUD, Fulton County must conduct citizen participation meetings and allow citizens to comment on the FY 2014 Annual Action Plan to the Five-Year 2010-2014 Consolidated Plan. The Consolidated Plan requires local governments receiving federal funds directly from HUD, to determine strategies, community needs, long and short term objectives, resources and proposed projects for submission as a combined planning and application document. Public review and comment is required prior to decisions on project funding by the Fulton County Board of Commissioners (BOC). Self-Assessment Needs Survey forms will also be provided for citizen input.
Citizen Participation Schedule
Citizens are encouraged to attend and participate in the public meetings to assist the County in finalizing its FY 2014 Annual Action Plan. The Comments will be provided to the BOC which will consider adoption of the FY 2014 Annual Action Plan at its scheduled meeting at 10 a.m. on November 6, 2013 at 141 Pryor Street Atlanta, GA 30303. Additionally, citizens will receive the opportunity to comment during the Public Comment portion of the BOC meeting on November 6, 2014. Comments will also be included in the 2014 Annual Action Plan that must be submitted to HUD on November 15, 2013. For citizens unable to attend and participate in the public hearings, written comments on the Fulton County Draft 2014 Annual Action Plan may be submitted in person or by mail to 137 Peachtree Street, SW, Suite 300, Atlanta, Georgia or faxed to 404-893-6620 by the deadline of 5:00 p.m., November 3, 2013. Comments may also be emailed to Lolita.Collins@fultoncountyga.gov. For more information, citizens may call 404-612-8067.
All Fulton County facilities as listed below meet ADA accessibility requirements. Citizens in need of reasonable accommodations due to a disability including communications in an alternative format, please contact Nell Kapple in the Department of Housing and Human Services at (404) 613-7944. For Georgia Relay Access: Dial 711.
For information concerning the Annual Action Plan and the public meetings, contact Lolita Collins in the Housing and Human Services Department at 404-612-8067 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Lolita. Collins@fultoncountyga.gov.
The public meetings are scheduled for:
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION MEETINGS
|Helene Mills Senior Center, 515 John Wesley Dobbs Avenue, N.E. Atlanta, Georgia 30312||WednesdayOctober 16, 2013||3:00 PM|
|Welcome All Park and Multipurpose Facility, 4255 Will Lee Road, College Park, GA 30349||ThursdayOctober 17, 2013||6:00 PM|
|Ed Isakson/Alpharetta Family YMCA Summit Room,3655 Preston Ridge Road Alpharetta GA 30005||Tuesday October 29, 2013
Copies of the Draft 2014 Annual Action Plan will be for review. The following locations are available for viewing the plan:
- Fulton County Department of Housing and Human Services 137 Peachtree Street, SW, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Alpharetta Branch Library 238 Canton Street, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- Atlanta-Fulton County Main Library 1 Margaret Mitchell Square, S.W., Atlanta, GA
- Crabapple Neighborhood Center 12624 Broadwell Road • Alpharetta, GA 30004
- College Park Library 3647 Main St College Park 30337
- East Point Library 2757 Main St, East Point, GA 30344
- Fairburn Branch 60 Valley View Drive Fairburn, GA 30213
- Fulton County Government Service Center 5440 Fulton Industrial Boulevard, Atlanta, GA
- Hapeville Branch 525 King Arnold Street, Hapeville, GA 30354
- H.J.C. Bowden Senior Center 2885 Church St, East Point, GA
- North Fulton Service Center 7741 Roswell Rd., Atlanta, GA 30350
- South Fulton County Service Center, 5600 Stonewall Tell Rd., College Park, GA 30349
- Southwest Regional Public Library 3665 Cascade Rd., S.W., Atlanta, GA 30331
- Fulton County Government Website: www.fultoncountyga.gov