Career Opportunities at FODAC
Category: Full Time
Purpose: Coordinate the daily operation of the FODAC facility and staff including the H.R. duties for staff, volunteers, and community service workers to accomplish the FODAC mission and goals. Manage outside partnerships and special projects to ensure each service program’s goals and objectives are accomplished. Oversee procurement and facility repairs/enhancements are in alignment with goals
- H.R. Management (including vacation, doctors, comp), hiring, firing, discipline, and payroll. Manage Employee Benefits; Workers Comp; and all other insurance and bonds; to act as liaison between them and the President.
- Managing accountability for overall workflow in each department and area of warehouse, etc.; to ensure corporate goals, policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinate goals with the thrift store staff and volunteers to meet programmatic goals and budget targets.
- Manage accreditation monitoring, certificates of operation, insurance, and ensure liability protections are in place.
- Develop, coordinate and execute unique outside partnerships and special projects. Ensure all contracts are renewed, training, routes and quality control.
- Oversee financial functions in administration: receiving donations, accounts receivable/payable, filing, and personnel.
- Procure materials to maintain the facility needs including office supplies, printed materials, and maintain copiers and supplies.
- Oversee Vehicle fleet to include repairs, tag renewals, DOT compliance for truck drivers, vehicles, and maintaining records. Assisting with vehicle donations and sales: providing letters of donation, transferring titles.
- Work with our partners in providing excess equipment and supplies to other non-profits, hospitals and international service agencies.
- Participate on committees of special events throughout the year.
- Interacts effectively with the community to achieve increased public understanding and support of FODAC and its mission.
- High School
- 3+ years’ experience in office management including managing 5+ direct reports.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, Proficient in MS Office, ability to manage a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Full-time, Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Some Saturdays
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits including health insurance and leave time.
- Please submit resume, cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: To provide assistance to the thrift store manager
- Operate cash register as directed by thrift store manager. Follow color discount process. Cashiers are not allowed to give discounts that do not follow FODAC thrift store guidelines.
- Manage thrift store in manager’s absence which includes customer service and closing down the cash register at the end of the day.
- Price and display items as needed, per FODAC guidelines
- Keep cash register area clean and neat
Education: High School educated or GED equivalent desired.
Experience: One year experience in retail desired.
Skills: Ability to operate a cash register and interact in a pleasant and friendly manner with customers.
- Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com